What's New

  • Request for Proposals
    The Town of Marystown requests proposals for the purchase of Lot Nos. 1, 2A, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 16 in the Marystown Marine ... (more)
  • Town of Marystown App
    The Town is pleased to launch its new app which is available to download for free in both the App Store and the Android ... (more)
  • Donations, Grants and Sponsorships
      On June 5, 2018, Council implemented a Donation, Grant and Sponsorship Policy in order to recognize the many ... (more)
  • Permissive Tax Exemptions
    On June 5, 2018, Council implemented a Permissive Tax Exemption Policy for organizations providing charitable and non-profit ... (more)
  • Interest-Free Ten (10) Month Payment Plan Available For 2019 Taxes
    The Town of Marystown is offering an interest free Ten (10) Month Payment Plan for the 2019 taxation year. In order to be ... (more)
  • First Aid Certification Available at YMCA
VIEW ALL ARTICLES



Historical Facts

- 1st Town Office - 1954         
- 1st Town Budget - 1951 - $8,000.00
- 1st Mayor - Dr. Chester Harris - 1951
- 1st Fire Chief - Alex Stapleton - 1967
- 1st Town Manager - Arthur Colbourne - 1966
- 1st Fire Truck - 1967
- 1st Marystown Sports Commission - 1968
- 1st Recreation Director - Terry Mallay
- Electricity Arrives - 1958
- Canning Bridge Opened - 1959
- Holy Name of Mary Regional School Opened in 1959
- CHCM Radio Opened - 1962
- Marystown Shipyard Opened - 1966
- Fish Plant Opened - 1966
- Centennial Field Opened - 1968
- Marystown Mall Opened - 1969
- Swimming Pool Opened - 1970
- Memorial Library Opened - 1972
- Marystown Central High School Opened - 1972
- Little League Ball Park Opened - 1978
- Marystown Arena Opened - 1975
- Kinsmen Softball Fiend Opened - 1978
- Track and Field Opened - 1980
- War Memorial Constructed - 1980
- Elementary School Opened - 1982
- Our Lady of Mary Monument Constructed - 1976
- Town Garage Opened - 1984
- Municipal Waste Disposal Site Opened - 1988
- RCMP Detachment Opened - 1986
- Creston Causeway Opened - 1988
- Little Bay Bridge Opened - 1988



Click here to contact the
Marystown Support Centre